Tuesday 22 January 2013

Blitz day 9 of 14.

Workout log:
Today was another day of back and yesterday I set myself the challenge to CHALLENGE myself. I did not disappoint. Every set was increased in weight and burner sets were used to push the muscles that little bit more. A burner set for me is straight after doing the last set you drop the weight by a small amount and straight back into it. But this time till failure!

Half an hour into my workout, my training partner rocked up. By this time I had already completed a full set of low cable rows and back raises.

It was good that he came, we were able to compete a little in a few exercises. Today we competed in chin ups and pull downs. It's always fun having some spirited competition amongst others that workout with you. From lifting bigger, lifting more or running further or faster, click the comp switch on in your mind and you soon forget the pain or the exhaustion. We even competed in a little weigh in at the end of it all. I won that too, bigger and leaner. A good feeling for me, a target for my training partner.

The fortnight blitz is about to head onto the final stretch. Bring on more legs! More back! And bring on next week when I take everything I have learnt in the last two weeks and apply it to a new routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment