Monday 14 January 2013

Blitz day 1 of 14.

Workout log:
Up nice and early as usual 4:45am to get ready for a 5:30 start at the gym.
The night before I had made my hit list to follow so that once at the gym I could utilize my time to the best.

5:30, it begins. Slaving away on the first superset, wide grip chin ups followed by a one arm row. It wasn't long before the sweat was beading and soaking into my gym attire. 6 sets of 8 reps later and it was time to move on. At set 5 and 6 I had to stop pause briefly to complete the 7th and 8th rep on the chins.

Next superset, close grip chin ups and lower back extensions. I chose no weight for the lower back, as I'm still getting over a little bit of tenderness from a workout a week ago. As the last sets, 5 and 6 came about I was utilizing some negatives for the chin ups. Jumping up and coming down slow.

By this time the gym was starting to get a little more busy and the cable apparatus was taken up by another gym goer. So I slammed into some more one arm rows. 2 sets later and it was free. Now was the time to make my move. I set up the side by side cable machine ready for my high back pulls.

Into another superset routine I go. This time high cable pulls and more one arm rows. By now energy was coming out in explosions and I was really having to make the mind muscle connection to keep form and focus on each rep and each set.

Finally the session was complete! An hour later and I was spent. But...I had one last thing to do once I got home in the arvo. Smash out a few more chin ups to really get the last out of the lats.

Now BRING on legs day tomorrow.
Oh...dear...god!

No comments:

Post a Comment