Wednesday 16 January 2013

Blitz day 4 of 14.

Workout log:
Today is another legs day, but with a few different exercises to keep it fresh.

No one was in the squat rack today, but that didn't help me because I didn't need it. Instead today was sumo squats. I hit up 7 sets of these squat alternatives. No superset just minimal rest between sets. 10 or so the. Back into it.

My next challenge was a standing calf raise set to punish them calves! I started at my maximum rep weight and push out 2 quick sets, then dropped the weight by a small amount and pushed out 2 more. Then dropped again, 2 more. Eventually with a great muscle burn and wobbly legs to carry me 14 sets had passed by.

I staggered my way over to the extension and curl machines to carry out a superset match of 4 sets of 10 reps one after the other. My shins hurt from Tuesday right where the pads lay. I pushed through that pain, it was only mild soreness compared to the scream that I could feel in the teardrop of my quad.

One last challenge, beat my one gym length walking lunge effort from Tuesday. This time I made it to 2 lengths. The target was only going to keep growing from here.

That was the last leg day for this week. Next week tho will see legs take on one more day and back drop by one. So tomorrow it's back to back again...I'm sore... It's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment