Saturday 19 January 2013

Blitz day 6 of 14.

Workout log:
Today was bonus day! Chest!
As a small break from the blitz on legs and back, I had a small sleep in and made it down to the gym by 8.

First exercise, incline chest with one arm triceps extensions in between. Alternating the chest sets from standard to suppinated grips as I pushed out the four sets.

Then it was on to some good old fashion barbell chest presses. In between these I squeezed in some standing French presses. Hitting one of the main assistance muscles as part of a superset really tests you, tiring you and making you focus on the main muscle that you are trying to target when you hit it on the next set.

The cable machine was in high demand so I popped a few incline dumbbell flys and machine pec flys while it cleared. Once it was clear a super set of single arm triceps pull downs and cable chest flys ensued. 2 at the highest cable height setting then 2 at the middle and finally 2 right down low.

The hour was now almost gone, but I still had time for a ladder finish. Normally I can squeeze out 7 dips to start but today it was 6, everything was becoming jelly and numb! So 6 dips, 6 push-ups, NO BREAK! Then a short wait and onto the next 5 dips, 5 push-ups. This kept going till I failed at 2 for 2. That was it, nothing left.

Now, I wait till Monday. Monday brings on the legs!!! Oh Lordy...

No comments:

Post a Comment