Monday 21 January 2013

Blitz day 8 of 14.

Workout log: Today it was back into the legs. Taking the structure from the first legs day last Tuesday except today, no one else was in the squat rack. So today... squats were first up! I now started increasing the weight of the bar, still keeping with a 8 rep 6 set method super set with the calves. The knee was holding up just fine, previous attempts at repeated squats have seen an aggravation of Osgood-Schlatters that I struggled with when I was a teen. But unsure whether all of my calf works recently had strengthened my knee support or whether I was just doing the squats right this time, everything seemed to feel and work better; I wasn’t going to question it. By the time that was over I had two problems. 1. The incline press was now in use. 2. My headphones had finally given up, after at least 4 years of service. So I jumped to my lunges to pass the time while the machine freed up. Even after the lunges it was still in use. So I moved on to some extension and curls, now only the 45's remained on the list. The 45 work proved to be the real test. At my forth set I was ready to give up. I was ready to call it and say, "Nope I'm done." But I didn't, it FELT like my legs were going to give way and fall off, but I knew deep down that this wasn't going to happen. I pushed on. Another two sets - that last bit of effort, the bit that takes you to that stagger out of the gym rather than a easy walk. Tomorrow brings back the back! Tomorrow I WILL CHALLENGE myself that little bit more...

No comments:

Post a Comment