Tuesday 15 January 2013

Blitz day 3 of 14.

Workout log:
Another early morning, dark and ominous. Were the dark clouds and rain a sign of things to come, it was the 3rd day of the blitz, which meant it was back to back! How would I go having only one day between working the same muscle group?

Straight into a low cable row. Not with a fixed handle but 2 short hand grips, this gave me the ability to pull a little further back. Super set with a back raise and all my lower back troubles were non apparent. As I moved into the next sets the weight on the row went up and I began to incorporate once again a weight into my bends. With only a days rest between I could really feel the lats contract and use their fibre strengths to make the reps.

Onto the next challenge. Bent over barbell rows super set with chin ups. The rows seemed easy, but I was going steady for fear of tweaking my back ( the last 2 times I had tweaked were on the same exercise ) feet close together to really make the core work for balance. Then BAM straight onto the chins! This is where day 1 is really felt. A great burn sets in at rep number 4, at 3 you think, "this will be easy! Bring on 8, heck bring on 10!" But at 4 you quickly change back to,"maybe I'll stop at 6..."

6 sets later and it's time for some good old fashion lat pull downs. My gym however has a odd machine for this. The cable set up is too awkward to set up and do properly so this machine will have to do. The down side... No super set, the machine sits to far away, if you get up someone will think you have finished and be on it like white on rice. So I slammed my way through a lat barrage, one after the other, minimal break. 6 sets went before I knew it.

Now to really tap that upper back, the exercise that makes you look as silly as hell the bent over rear fly. You look like a bird in training, bent over flapping your arms like you think you can fly. As soon as I competed my weighted set I dropped the weights and did the same movement weight free and pushed out another 15. A little more speed but extra focus on the squeeze and form is the goal for this.

Lastly I needed to push them lats just a little more so machine pull downs got added to the list. It wasn't there when I made it Sunday night but I had the time so it became the new finisher. Heavy weights, clean pulls, chest flat against the pad. My lats were beyond screaming they were in the state of numb, I knew that tomorrow they would be making my life hell, today was their punishment.

Grow little back grow!
Legs are sore today so bring on legs day again tomorrow.
Mwahhahahah... Oh wait this means more suffering for me... Shouldn't laugh then. Oh what the hell, mwahahahhhahahahahaha!!!!😈

No comments:

Post a Comment