Tuesday 3 January 2012

Going in Deep

Mmmmmmm, that familiar smell of deep heat. Ahh, so fresh and rootbeer-ish in smell. I still remember a couple of the older chaps coming into the gym smelling like the deep heat, and I thought to myself, “oh to be old and injured” as this was being used for a sore knee. Little did I know that almost a year later I would be using it myself to make training easier.

It started when I would get a slight muscle pain in the lower back near the end of a jog, more so when I had been doing back workouts the day before. So, out came the heat, slapped on the back, felt the soreness melt away and the jog was a treat. So I decided to take this principle further. Now when I’m doing my back and leg work outs at the gym, out comes the deep heat. Calves, thighs, hamstring, lower back. I walk into the joint smelling like an injured sports star, but it allows me to push through the sets.

I will have to try the other cream made by the same group where it cools instead of heats and see how this goes.

So please excuse me if I smell like deep heat next time I pass by

No comments:

Post a Comment