Tuesday 10 January 2012

Beaten but not beat…

Osgood–Schlatter disease…http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osgood–Schlatter_disease
a very common syndrome for teens, and something that I suffered during high school. Thought I'd gotten rid of it, but turns out I hadn't shook it completely.

During my last couple of weeks doing my squats I have now aggravated my left knee. Bit of a set back but it won't stop the gym visits.

Just have to modify the routine a little to compensate.

This is where it pays to know when your having a good pain and when your having a bad pain. I think as a general rule, if the pain is sharp and occurs during as well as after a movement, that's bad. If the pain is dull and achey instead and almost stops after the movement (but returns to haunt you 2 mornings after) that's a good pain.

But you know your body and limits better than anyone else so don't be a hero and push yourself beyond what your body can handle (just push yourself to close to that limit, ha ha)

And if you happen to fall upon injury in or out of fitness time, don't stop completely. Modify and stay active, even if it is less intense, blood flow throughout the body is better for recovery. Unless your doctor says so…¿

No comments:

Post a Comment