Wednesday 14 December 2011

Teenage Prostitutes!

Protein, get it? I get asked a lot about what protein should I use? well quite simply I can’t give a definitive answer.
For 2 reasons.
Reason 1. I am not a trained nutritionist or dietitian.
Reason 2. There are thousands of different types and brands on the market.
But I can break it down for you sorta, from what I have read and experienced.
5 types of powder set ups,
1.Fat burner + Protein – used for someone who has already stacked on the bulk and wants to get more definition. Or used by someone looking for a meal replacement type set up without starving the body of protein in the diet. Some on the market have carb blockers and other little metabolic enhancers. I have used one of these myself, and it definitely worked for me. I have also recommended it to a work college who has found it to work for him, and he was not chasing big, just chasing definition.
2.Protien + some carbs – This is what type I’m currently on. Good for building lean muscle but without the carb blocking, shredding complex’. Also with less carbs, it will be a slow build but gaining muscle is still possible with a good diet inbetween. The brand that I use and recommend has 2 in this category, the other one I have set another workmate up with…we shall see how he is coming along.
3.50/50 Protein/Carbs – I am yet to try this one in the brand that I am having success with. But have tried one in the past. It works, you gain but you will get a little more than just muscle along with it. Be prepared for a little bit of pud as well as muscle gain
4.more carbs less protein – these are the supe gainers. This is territory I am completely unfamiliar with. But if the rest of my protein experiances are anything to go by. These will get you big if you train well with them but be prepared to lose definition.
5.Special Proteins. Wow they sound fancy, these are like night time ones or pre workout or post work out. Too be honest, probably not worth it. Protein is absorbed the same regardless of when you take it.
TIPS - drink heaps of water. Space out protein intakes. And buy online unless you can find a local shop to match the online prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment