Thursday 29 December 2011

Gime? What’s a Gime? OOOOH a G-I-M-E!

Well incase you didn’t catch the Simpsons reference there, I’m talking gyms!
Why am I talking gyms?
Because even though I thought I could hold off over the break period from going to the gym I became edgy and craved the pump and sweat.
However…my regular gym was closed.
So whats a boy to do?

Well I decided to take a bit of a look see at some other gyms in the area, and it has been an interesting experieice. Eaton recreation centre only has a small gym area attached to their huge court. It is however well equipped, if not more equipt for those wanting a lot of machine work. Equipment was fairly new and well maintained. I believe they have a separate room for their classes as well for those interested in the group fitness thang.

Second gym I tried was the Anytime Fitness, which as name suggest…is open any time. This gym is really new and surprisingly big for its location. The premise of being able to go to the gym whenever you like is quite promising but I don’t think you would have many 2am workouts, when you should be sleeping. This is however a great idea for those working the shift work or people with a bit of uncertainty in the daily routine of things. As an extra perk as well, if you travel and can find one of the affiliated gyms, you can use them too. I thought the facility was very nice and new and smick, but I was confused at some of the weight increment amounts. The normal is increments of 2.5kgs these were more like increments of 2. Needless to say, this threw me, 16 was too much 14 too little, 15 would have been just right.

I guess it doesn’t matter where you go exactly, as long as you know what you want to do when you get there and how to substitute other apparatus and excersise if you can’t find the right bits once your there.

For now it looks like I will be staying at my regular old excersise Club. Just have to wait for them to get back to normal hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment