Monday 16 April 2012

Setting goals!

Fitness like many other things requires hard work and focus.

Sometimes you need to set short term goals to help with achieving fitness.

But what about setting some lifetime goals?

Do you have potential long-term illnesses that you want to postpone or be clear from?

Perhaps some grandparents have passed before their prime due to illness or poor health.

My goal is to become a great grandfather and to remain fit throughout my 50’s, 60’s and beyond.

Time will be my only test to see if I can pull it off, but keeping this long-term goal in mind helps me take steps with the short term goals to getting there.

So what’s it going to be for you?

Perhaps long-term isn’t as far away as a lifetime away… perhaps it’s yearly or perhaps it might even be half yearly or in 10 years’ time.

So set yourself a long term goal as well as the short term.

Without them, you will lose track of where you want to be in your fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment