Friday 15 June 2012

Train like a beast!

There is something primal, almost ANIMAL that I feel when I work out.

The sweat and salt that encrusts your skin after a massive and intense workout doesn’t seem as bad as the same sweat that drips from you on a hot summer day.

There was a guy at our gym who I’m pretty sure was actually part animal…

He would bark as he worked out.

Growl as people walked by.

And to top it all off… He changed his workout singlet 3 times in one session, that was how sweaty he got.

Thing is, I can’t remember if I ever saw him stretching or warming up?

I know I’m guilty of not always warming up before a session.

BUT, I think in light of a couple of tweaks in some muscles that I have had recently… I’m going to.

I always stretch a little before a workout, but not a true warm up.

The gist of it is, warm your body up, get the blood flowing and you will have less chance of damage occurring from rapid changes that and intense training session can put upon your body.

So I think I shall start my weights sessions with a lighter weight first, get the groove of the moves and then up the ante.

Another interesting way to warm up before your workout is to jog, walk or ride to your gym.

So feel free to unleash the BEAST WITHIN! But make sure you start tame for the first few minutes, it will make your body a little more prepare. Might not be able to say the same for the rest of the people at the gym.

WOOF.

No comments:

Post a Comment