Thursday 14 June 2012

Disapponted!

It is disheartening to hear news about random attacks on joggers out and about trying to get and stay fit.

In my current home town of
Bunbury a young lady was attacked. What kind of person try's to mug a jogger? I never carry money when I run.

I guess my phone could hold some value.

But the worst thing is, it makes a healthy and safe activity like jogging seem unsafe.

So what to do...

If you run with music, try and either run with a lower volume so you can still be aware of your surrounds.

Jog with a jogging buddy.

Plan a jogging path that follows high traffic areas, even as night falls or as morning breaks. Jogging in a secluded area might just be asking to be mugged!

However, don't let it deter you from getting fit. Just get smart and keep on jogging!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment