Monday 22 July 2013

Time away

Sometimes it seems human nature to give in to temptation and just leave the fitness world behind for just a short time. 

To break from the routine of waking up early or fitting in that after work fitness activity.

I know that after devoting a good portion of my time to my last fitness achievement, fitness was going to be the last thing on my mind while I holidayed on the other side of the country with my family. 

I enjoyed food, family, fun, being full (most of the time), sleeping in, more eating and most relaxing of all no gym. 

Thankfully, I'm an addict. Yep.
My name is Kyle, and I'm an addict!
Hello Kyle. 
A gym junkie, a fitness freak! 1 week of no gym was starting to drive me crazy. By the end of the week I found falling to sleep hard, I had all if this energy but had not used it. 

While I was lying in bed, not falling a sleep, all I could think of was the prep for Beast Beach. When I wasn't thinking about that I was thinking about Tuesday morning and kicking into my new routine. 

So what if you are not yet an addict, or you are heading off for more than a week. (A week off won't hurt your results to much and will give you a good break and body rest) ???

Here are some things to consider that will help you get back on track after a short break. 

# It's a Holiday, not a fat-a-way, if you have the choice at a restaurant or at a relatives house (or wherever you are eating) try and stay healthy with your food choices. Avoid fast food outlets and consider assisting family members in preparing a healthy option for the meal. 

# Drink (alcohol)to be enjoyable but try not to drink excess. Sounds like I'm preaching here but besides the regular hangovers and health side effects, drinking is liquid calories. Easy to consume and a quick way to shrink your clothes. 

# Do not punish yourself for over eating or eating the wrong kinds of things. Putting yourself in a depressed mood can become the anchor when you return to the norm. Instead think about how great it's going to feel getting back into your fitness!

# Take a little time to plan. Sometimes having a holiday break can give you some clarity of where you want to be taking your fitness and body. So use a bit of your down time to write down some goals or plan out your new routine (I know I did )

# If you have the time or are away for more then a week, try and get some fitness into your trip. Pack at least one pair of fitness clothes an consider packing your joggers (if your normal shoe attire would not suit in a gym) and go for a jog, access a gym (some do free trials for a a short period, that you can abuse) or sped some time in your place of stay doing push ups, sit-ups or whatever you can for a bit of a 15 min to half hour session.

Make sure however... That you have FUN and RELAX a little!
That is what you went on the holiday for, after all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment