Sunday 13 October 2013

Protein!

First up, sorry for being away from a good post for so long. 

Ok, so a few weeks have passed now where I have found myself having to take 2 rest days, AND I struggled to get out of bed in the mornings, preferring an evening session instead. 

What was the missing factor?
What was making me so tired?

It turned out that after a bit of experimenting and testing, it turns out to be as simple as protein. 

I've been without my protein supplements for a little while now, just cost of other things taking priority. So my body has taken more time to recover from workouts than usual. 
I have kept my protein intake as high as possible by other means, steak dinners and stacks of tuna in lunches etc. But the protein supplementation that I had been used to that got me through a 6 day training week and waking with vigor each morning was no longer there. 

So the answer and solution?

Simples, get some protein powder. But when I can afford it. In the mean time, I need to increase my protein per meal again, to keep up in the mean time. 

Tuna chunks in a can are fairly cheap per serve and offer aminos and good protein. So watch out woollies, I'm coming for your tuna supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment