Sunday 2 March 2014

The secret to getting ripped!

Well, it's been close to a month now of taking the combo suggested by the ads that continually pop up on Facebook and the internet. A testosterone boosting pill and L glutamine. 

Well one can't claim either of these supplements as a wonder pill that will burn fat while you sleep or make you lift beyond your personal best. This just isn't possible! What I can confirm is that L glutamine IS a proven supplement that WILL assist in the recovery process. Even better than that, it's cheap and doesn't need to be taken 20 minutes before a workout or even taken right after a workout. It is recommended to take after a workout though, wether you time this with the anabolic window (40 mins post) is up to you, otherwise it is taken 3 times a day. So breakfast, lunch and tea. Easy!

What about the testosterone booster? Well once I run out of pills (which were also cheap through eBay) I will see how much EXTRA energy they really give me. 

What the combo has done, it seems, has given me the ability to train more at the gym and wake up less sore. Before the tests I was struggling each week to get up and go to gym in the mornings due to DOMS and feeling lack luster in energy. With the supplementing (and I am currently all out of protein powder) I can wake each morning with spring in my step EAGER to go and crank an hour to an hour and a half of morning gym. Legs, chest, arms, abs you name it, nothing was a session I wanted to skip! Then preceding each resistance session that's where I was able to ad in the extra half hour (hence the hour and a half) of jogging.

So the pills and powder didn't work magically. They just helped my body recover more quickly for the activities I was pushing it through. 

So perhaps my ideal STACK of proven supplements for me would probably be, whey protein (concentrate or isolate), creatine, beta alanine and now L Glutamine! Oh and coffee (black and with brown sugar) can't forget the COFFEE!!!

If you have a supplement stack that is working for you I would like to hear about it! And perhaps if I haven't tried it already I will give it a try and blog about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment