Sunday 17 March 2013

Fitness tech! - Revised 4/10/14

Everyone seems to be on their phones these days.

They make us unsociable and lazy.

They are the bane of our existence.

But they can also be a useful tool for keeping motivated and active. I've done some reviews in the past on some tools that you can use so here is another one I just stumbled across. If you are a bit of a gamer this might interest you!

Nexercise! Turn working out into a game. Earn XP and medals. This app is available for the i(stuff) and the droid.

Record jogs, weights sessions, sports matches, you name it this has it listed. From aerial rings to Zumba and even Xbox kinect, you can record all of your physical activities.

I will start using this as I can record my regular workouts and jogs and everything else in between. I'll see how the staying factor is as far ease of use, rewards and overall fun, and I shall report how I go in further posts.

If anyone already uses it let me know how it's been for you.

In the words of Mat Mac, Alright, Alright, Alright... over a year on and I am still using this app more as a timer and logger of my routines than anything else. The XP side of things is novel but I skip over it most of the time perhaps having a group of people using the same app might have some more competitiveness to it but I seem to be on my own for now. I have started looking for another app that can take this ones place. I've gone beyond needing a log system that incorporates reps, sets and weights, this I already can do blindfolded. There is something in particular that I'm REALLY looking for... but I am yet to find it. Any iPhone app programers hit me up for that idea if you think you can make it happen...





No comments:

Post a Comment