Tuesday 18 December 2012

Supp review!!

For a long time I've been a supporter for the Max's protein products. Yummy cookies, yummy bars, good tasting protein powders and reasonable price. But in recent days the price of the 'tein has gone up. So I decided to follow a tip off from a while back about proteindirect.com.au.

10kgs later (I had my training partners order in with mine) and 4 packages of unflavored WPC was delivered to my door.

The price was good, the delivery, speedy. They suggested up to 7 days, it took 2, but the real test would be how did the product hold up?

To taste it on its own, it's not much chop. But ad a little brown sugar, honey or cocoa powder, you name it you can flavor it, and this stuff is essentially the same quality protein as the rest on the market. And by flavoring yourself you can adjust it to your sweet setting!

So my verdict at the moment... Double thumbs up for value for money in versatility and quality. Taste, well that's something you'll have to sot for yourself. You can buy flavor packs from the site, but my current flavorings of choice are finely chopped dried banana (turns it into a sweet powder to add) and cocoa powder and raw sugar. But with the right ingredients you could go crazy with all sorts of flavor combos.

I haven't tried it yet but since this stuff if unflavored you can even add it to mince to ad more protein to homemade burger patties.

I have however made some home made protein bars, which I will post my recipe too soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment