Saturday 1 September 2012

For a fairly long time now I have been a self motivated fitness goer.

I've done at least one workout with my bro before but never had a long term workout training buddy. And for the most of this time it has suited me fine. I find I have a pretty good self drive and enjoy the solitary that it gives me. Time to forget about the outside world and it's problems, time for a de stress.

However over the last couple of weeks I have taken my name sake under my wing as a training partner. He has the same goal set in mind and I hope that we can achieve that goal.

What I have noticed is that on the days that I am still at the gym alone without the training partner I can easily cheat myself out of some training intensity. No one is there to challenge your concept of "to failure" or to give you a reason to show off and set the bar a little higher.

So if you have found yourself plateauing or feeling like your drive is waning, you might want to enlist a training partner to give your workouts a kicker.

Make sure they have the same drive as you. Perhaps not the same goal but at least the same drive will ensure you don't spend your whole time talking and not working out.

Make sure you are both willing to push each other to the limits so that you can both achieve your goals.

Watch each other in-between sets to keep an eye on each others form and to be ready for any possible spotting that you might be needed for.

So what are you waiting for, drag along a sibling, work colleague, mother, father or just a friend and start motivating each other to reach your goals!

Below: one of the most famous training partnerships in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment