Friday 18 May 2012

So fit, but you don't know it

The other day I got to experience something that I had been longing for, for a long time.

A Jog in the rain.

I don’t know why but I have really wanted to do a rain jog.

I think if I looked back hard enough I probably have jogged in the rain, some way or another. But most of the time is was probably to get out of the rain, rather than stay in it.

So picture the scene, Zombies Run! Playing in my ears, 6pm so the night has already set in, it’s cool out and the rain is coming down.

Absolutely perfect!

The perfect conditions to really lose yourself in the moment.

And forget that the world exists and that you are actually getting fit from it all.

I do hope my future runs with the Zomb’s are just as ideal.

If you struggle with gym going due to repetitiveness or boredom, I would urge you to take your exercise outside, be rain hail or shine. Get involved with a group sport, or get active with an outside fitness class. Because fitness is easier to do if you forget your doing it

No comments:

Post a Comment