Friday 23 May 2014

Back to basics.

I sometimes forget that not everyone reading this blog has been in the game for as long as I. I read a lot on this fitness topic and realize that many posts are about the upper echelon of the game, this I believe will lead many into trying something too advance and failing too often, this leading to an inevitable failure in fitness. 

What is the solution?

Well long before I was pyramid setting, drop setting, supersetting, lifting heavy, TuTing and all the other fitness "Ings", I was performing all over body workouts with the basics. 

I would still to this day say that this is the fundamental key to maintaining the fitness gig over time and not just making it the January phase each year. 

So what am I really saying?

If you don't want to train alone, get a gym buddy that is at almost equal level in fitness as you. Too advance, and they will leave you feeling unsatisfied AND leave you trailing behind. 

Next, structure a workout around circuit training, getting a whole body workout in and adding cardio. 

CARDIO IS IMPORTANT! Do not skip this! In the basic stages you cannot ignore the fact that a solid foundation if cardio means that you will survive longer for resistance training AND be able to return you heart rate back to normal after burst of intensity. 

Stick with BASIC moves, lat pull downs, bicep curls, shoulder presses, chest presses, squats, etc. Do not jump into advance moves like deadlifts, spider curls, skull crushers, bent over flys and so on. Pick one simple exercise for each area on the body and perform it WELL and for a minute or two (or as your routine and body allow). 

Building a steadfast body FIRST will fortify your body and prevent injuries in the future. 

If you want a basic workout plan, hit me up! I am always happy to create something for those looking to start this fantastic mind and body journey of investment into your future!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment