Monday 28 April 2014

When is best to train?

Well I know it has been a little while, we have had some great public holiday long weekends hit us.

 

This has made me lazy… BUT only lazy for the blog, not for the FITNESS!

 

I made sure that I utilised the sleep ins and the time off work to work out without having to get up super early to fit my fitness in.

 

But that has me thinking.

 

What is better? Morning, Noon or night?

 

There are so many 24 hr gyms about and one of the biggest catch cry’s is, Player 1 – “yeah but I could go to the gym at 2AM if I wanted!”, Player 2 – “yeah, but who goes to the gym at 2AM?”.

 

My workout starts at about 5:30 most mornings during the working week. This fits my schedule better.

I also train on a Tuesday arvo (bit of cardio).

But it wasn’t always like this, I used to mainly do my exercise in the afternoons after work. Heck at one point I was session-ing it up in the mornings and then hitting it again in the arvo.

 

On the weekend my workout normally occurs a bit later in the mornings to fit with my gyms opening times. Some days I won’t train on a Saturday until after lunch.

 

Besides dodging the hordes of gym goers that tackle peak times, there can be other reasons for choosing particular training times.

Morning is best for fat loss targeting as you can get to the gym PRE breakfast and burn extra fat. Some people also struggle to work out on a fuller stomach so hitting the gym pre breaky can avoid that.

 

Afternoon might be better for some as they gain momentum with fuelling up during the day. It can also be a great way to alleviate the days stress’!

 

What about the midday workout? Harder to do if you are working, but this can be achieved if you have a no work day, work at night or just don’t work… have a sleep in, have breaky, even have lunch, then BAM gym time!

 

No matter which time you choose to train, can train, or happen to train, it really doesn’t matter, as long as you are training.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment